- Does God care if I purchase a purse over $300?
- Does God care if I fly first class?
- Does God care if I own a home that is more than 5,000 square feet?
- Does God care if I drive a car for pleasure, not just practicality?
- Does God care if I have expensive hobbies?
- Does God care if I eat at expensive restaurants?
1. Is it necessary?I am not saying every purchase we make must be a necessity. If that were the case, we would never be able to enjoy a latte or a movie. I do believe this is a starting point, however because necessities are necessary.
2. Is it responsible?If we have established that what we desire to purchase is not a need, but rather a want, then we must establish if it is a financially responsible purchase.
3. Is it beneficial?
There are many things we want and that are financially responsible, but are not beneficial.
4. Could this money be of better use somewhere else?
What it comes down to is a lifestyle. We are commanded to live with open hands, being generous and sharing because in so doing we are laying up true treasure that is lasting (1 Timothy 6:17-19). Beware of finding yourself holding too tightly to luxuries.
excerpt from an article in Vital Magazine click here to read entire article